Sildenafil is a drug that is intended to increase the quality of a man’s sex life. The purpose of the drug is to restore erectile function.
Development of sildenafil began in 1992 by the American company “Pfizer”.
This drug became the first medicine to increase sexual performance.
Initially, it was developed and tested as a means for treating cardiovascular diseases.
In the course of its research, it was discovered that its effect on the heart was insignificant.
However, doctors were interested in one of the side effects of sildenafil – improved erections.
So the discovery of the medicine can be considered a happy mistake, and by 1998, sildenafil was already available to buy in Australia under the brand name “Viagra”.
The main pharmacological action of the medicine is the inhibition of the enzyme phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5).
Inhibiting PDE5 leads to improved blood filling of the penis. In order to activate the effects of sildenafil, sexual stimulation is required.
Sildenafil is quickly absorbed into the body, and it starts to be effective after 60 minutes.
How long its effectiveness lasts depends on the selected dose and the individual properties of the body, but on average it lasts up to 4 hours.
The medicine is better taken on an empty stomach.
Food, especially greasy food, slows down the absorption of sildenafil, and its effects may not be seen for up to 120 minutes.
It is not recommended to combine sildenafil with large amounts of alcohol, as this may lower the effectiveness of the drug.
Sildenafil is released in 25, 50 or 100 mg doses.
The selection of which dose is appropriate is prescribed by a doctor, depending on the patient’s health.
Normally for the first time, a 50 mg dose of sildenafil is used.
After this, the dose may be corrected to more or less, depending on the patient’s satisfaction with its effect.
Sildenafil absolutely cannot be taken in conjunction with nitroglycerin or other nitrates.
This combination can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure and cause the patient to collapse.
Side effects of sildenafil are usually relatively weak or moderate.
Patients may complain of:
- Reddening of the face.
- Blurred vision.
- Nasal congestion.
- Increased heart rate.
The frequency of undesirable reactions increases with an increased dose.
Sildenafil is released in Australia under the following brand names:
- “Viagra” – the original drug of sildenafil. Compared to generic versions, Viagra has higher safety and effectiveness.
- “Malegra FXT” – a combination drug. Contains 100 mg sildenafil and 40 mg fluoxetine. Sildenafil allows an erection to occur, fluoxetine acts as an antidepressant and prevents premature ejaculation.
- “Malegra DXT” contains 100 mg sildenafil and 30 mg duloxetine. Duloxetine allows for long-lasting sexual arousal and prevents premature ejaculation.
- “Kamagra” – an Indian made drug. This can be purchased in the form of regular tablets for oral administration, effervescent tablets or a liquid jelly.
- “Penegra” is also released by an Indian company. The manufacturing company promises that this medicine does not have any significant differences from the original drug.
- “Super P-Force” is a combination of 100 mg sildenafil and 60 mg dapoxetine. Dapoxetine helps prevent premature ejaculation.
The list of medicines that contain sildenafil goes on and on.
In Australian online stores, you can find any medicine that contains this active ingredient.
In our online pharmacy, you can buy sildenafil with minimal effort and time.